DIY Alternator - Fins
My Designs | Data | Other Designs | Resources | About 
By now the electrical part of the alternator is finished, but it still needs to turn in the wind, so the next task is to add a pair of fins to the back.

This is the design I used. I used .635cm (1/4") plywood for the fins, which seems thin, but it worked pretty well. At the bottom left corner is a wood block that added more surface area to affix the tail onto the body of the alternator. You can see this more clearly in later pictures.




A close-up of how the tail fin was attached to the body of the alternator.


Both of the fins on the alternator.


The finished turbine!



My Designs | Data | Other Designs | Resources | About